Sunday, January 9, 2011

Interview with Yung6ix


NOTE: In this interview shorthand writing "ACTIVATED", so don't LOL


Afrik: ‎​Finally got to meet the young wizard, he is the next big tin in the rap circle in Africa, they call him   Yung 9ja Carter 6ix, so hw hav u been broada

‎​Yung6ix: Me extracool like Mtn

Afrik: ‎​Na so, love the spirit, so tell the fans more abt this great man in u.


‎ ​Yung6ix: ‎​I am Yung6ix, ‎​Born and raised in delta state (Warri), ‎​A music friend, ‎I was actually raised by music, ‎​I can't be specific about when I started but ‎​have been in the industry for a while now.

Afrik: ‎​Great, we listened to ur Oleku version, how did it all happen, can u give us an insight.

Yung6ix: ‎​Ok, ‎​About oleku. Ice prince has always been one of my favourite nigerian rappers, so I have actually been following up on his career. I think I heard he's oleku the very first day it was put on notjustok.com. Since then its been on my phone and I played it several times, somehow I feel in love with the tune. Fews day after I got the song on my phone I went to school, 
Then i got ill and came back to wafftown, and all these while i have not visited a studio for almost a month and some days, which was weird.I was so uncomfortable about that and wanted to record a song asap. After taking my neccessary treatments I was fit to go back to school so I decided to record a song before I go back as part of the materials of my upcoming mixtape "Green Light Green"
But unforturnately for me my producers where very busy at the period and I couldn't record the song I intially wanted to record which wasn't oleku.
‎ ​I finally gave up on my plans to record a song before I left school. Well the very morning I was to leave school I woke so late and decided to go the next day. At about few minutes past 8 ma producer who runs Space Beats studio hit me up, like dude am heading to the studio holla if u in town. And I didn't reply I just went straight down to the studio. Getting there he was already feeling the song like I was, So put on the beats and was like this is what we gonna do. ‎​In less than 10 minutes we where through with the chorus which was written by both of us. So I hijacked a few bars from ma saved freestyle clips and threw in. Straight freestyle at the last verse. Till date I don't know if that song is even as old as one month. Had a lil fun at the end cux I missed the mic so bad and I was leaving for school again, 

There's so much to talk about but let's get on to the next, oleku was recorded cux I woke up to late to travel... I guess I missed ma bus for a trip to the lime light. 
‎​Too late to travel ***

Afrik: Hmmm, nice story. With the track Oleku which was widely accepted and a rumor currentle spreeding that Chocolate City wants to sign you and you are under 411 Ent. How true is that.

Yung6ix: Currently am under the management of 411. There might be a strategic relationship between 411 and Choc City On ma music project. I feel partnerships like this are needed to upgrade  our music industry in Nigeria. That's all I can say about that For now, I'll let the future do the rest of the talking on that topic.

Afrik: ‎​So tell us, apart from d Oleku track, which other one have you done, what should we be expecting in your album and any plans to do a collabo with Iceprince.

Yung6ix: I have being doing lots of stuffs before now. But most of ma ish have been southbased. ‎​I have been featured on over 300 songs in the south. I started my album project 2009 but I paused it to work on ma mixtape. I made a promise to my self not to write a song on the mixtape. I recorded 3 songs which where straight up freestyles but I brokethe promise when I decided to record a song which I recently shot an unofficial video for. ‎​So far gone wasn't part of the freestyle songs, because it was compose from a combination of ma casual day to day freestyle clip. Expecting from me. 

‎​One word would define what u should expect from me and that's "HISTORY"
I intend to take african hip hop to the next level, and I am starting this from ma root which actually is the south.
As for a collabo with ice prince, yeah sure I would love to do a song with ice prince. Am currently working with a lot of big names in the industry right now which I can't disclose.

Afrik: So when should your fans be expecting your album.

Yung6ix: Hmmmm ma album, ‎​That's a tough one. Right now am still building my fan base, ‎​So am dropping a mixtape first. That should be out within the first quarter of 2011. 

Afrik: What are your challenges as an artist

Yung6ix:The greatest challenge for me is Myself. Always tryna get better. But my music is like wine the older it gets, the better it gets.  The real competition is within and with determination there are no limits to what one can achieve. So that's it about challenges. 

Afrik: ‎​Honestly I must say this, you are great and never expect this much from you, and would love to thank you and your management (411 Ent.) for giving us your time. We wish you flying results this season 2011. 

Yung6ix:big #southshout to ur'll, But a sneak peak..$$$ the "Green Light Green " is more than a mixtape.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment