Saturday, January 8, 2011

KERI HILSON'S CONTROVERSIAL NEW VIDEO


Read how she defended it while speaking to Perez Hilton




“Perez, I don’t want to be held and caressed every night. Sometimes, I do want to be f*cked. You want it good sometimes. I’m talking about one man in the relationship, not being a slut or a whore or being paid to do things. It is racy but I can’t allow other people or the media to dictate what I can or can not do. TLC didn’t do that, Josephine Baker didn’t do that, Janet didn’t do that, Madonna didn’t do that. We can’t approach art from a fear perspective. You have to be fearless and stand for what you believe in. I’m a freak, it’s no surprise. I’ve been a freak in other songs. I’ve been a freak in other videos and we should make no apologies.
“If you’ve been in contact with my album..my album is called “No boys Allowed” but really means “No Bullsh*t Allowed.” In this album I was screaming in a room just like I was screaming on the song. I was screaming in a room with all my girlfriends and we were just yelling all the sh*t we really say. What would you say, what would you yell? One of the things you might yell is “I don’t wanna make love tonight, just F**k me Please!” “Come get it! I got the kind of pu**y that will keep you off the streets..Yes!..now come get!”
Perez: Did you set out to do that song with the purpose of un-wanting to be controversial?Keri: Absoutely not, everything that I wrote about is from that perspective… how we really think and feel about certain things and breaking point we really know that we deserve more. I write from a perspective of just knowing just not talking bullsh*t. [Like] “Pretty Girl Rock”, no matter what anybody says your beautiful.
Perez: Would you change anything differently about the video?Keri: Absolutely not. The dirty version was recorded…I didn’t expect to put the dirty version [on the album]. If you look closely I’m singing the cleaner version, which is actually on my album. “The Way You Love Me” I say “thug me” ..it has the same sentiment, I’m not cleaning that up. Being thugged & being F**ked are very much the same thing. I know kids might pick up the album and I didn’t want that to come out, however, I wouldn’t take it back.
Perez: Why was the dirty version of the video released if that’s not on the album?Keri: Actually, I had nothing to do with the dirty version being synced to the video because like I said, if you look closely I’m singing “thug” and I’m singing “loving” instead of “pu**y.” Like I said the sentiment is the same. I’m okay with it because I sang it and that’s the sentiment and this is meant for adults. If I were to do a video for kids, we would put back the clean version but like I said this song is not meant for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment